In Kallio
Moving to Helsinki went really smoothly, thanks to mom and dad who gave me and my stuff a ride and provided help. Although I don't have that much belongings, it took some days to organize everything in the room. First I wanted to paint wardrobe doors and some parts of the walls but on second thoughts, why bother...purple doors and some orange on the walls gives just some extra color. The location of the house is awesome and the rent as well! It's just five minutes ride to downtown by metro. Metro station is under half kilometer from the house. Several buses and trams are also available...and when in Kallio, you're never out of restaurants, bars and shops. So far I've been quite satisfied - except for the weather...yesterday it was +8 degrees. The highest temperature ever in my life in Finland in January. Come on...I want skate outdoors and see snow on the ground.
My last ever semester at university starts next week...but the school shouldn't disturb my life too much. Just a few classes to go each week, next week just one.
The 17.5 sq m room seen from the "hallway". I don't have curtains yet so a green blanket covers the window at night. Usually I don't need curtains as it's nice to see people on the street looking embarrassed at me. The view from the second floor is great - and from the outside you can easily see what's inside :).
Purple doors...so I bought a purple round carpet!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home